Does this ever happen to you? There are periods in my life that it seems like each time that I read God’s word, that is the very moment that the phone rings, a package is delivered, I want a snack, the bathroom calls, I fall asleep… Focus. Come on now. Focus. During these times, I have to recognize the attack and I get a little bit of Joy knowing that Satan wouldn’t be working so hard to stop the lesson if I weren’t on the brink of learning, changing, growing, and becoming something Great for the Lord! I buckle down and focus, striving to study, meditate on, and embody the lesson at hand. Here are some things that help me to focus.
1. We learn by seeing, hearing, and saying or doing something. Reading aloud helps.
2. Print or write the verse or point of the lesson and hang it in a place that you can read it numerous times throughout your daily routine.
3. Just because it is a 365 day devotional doesn’t mean that you have to move on to a new lesson every day. It is September and I’m still in January on my devotion a day calendar. It is ok to pause, read, re-read, meditate, pray, lean on, and internalize the lesson over the course of many days before starting a new one.
4. Re-write the lesson in your own words so that it is directly applicable to your life and your immediate situation.
5. Teach the lesson to someone else. Share what you are studying with a friend, a class, a post, or a blog. You never know when the lesson that you are being taught is actually meant for someone else with YOU being the tool that God chose to teach it.
The Devine Inspirations -- Public Speaking and Family Ministry
To learn more about The Devine Inspirations, see our web page www.TheDevineInspirations.com
LIKE The Devine Inspirations on Facebook at www.facebook.com/devineinspirations2012